PriSEC Reforms in 50/5 Phase 1
- Movable and immovable property accepted as collateral by commercial banks.
- Practical customs e-payment mechanisms expedited across the country.
- Credit score provided and permission granted to private firms and individuals to access credit information on borrowers.
- Tax E-filing procedures and practices approved by the Afghan Cabinet.
- New export guidelines developed and export procedures shortened from 10 to 5 steps.
- Equivalence mechanism and essential standards developed in line with the WTO Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) Agreement by Afghanistan National Standards Association (ANSA) to increase exports.
- Help Desk Procedures established at Customs
- Risk Management Procedures established at Customs
- Afghanistan Central Business Registry (ACBR) business license issuance centers expanded to 22 provinces
- Datacenters at ACBR established and activated, increasing information transparency.
- GIRoA Small, Medium and Micro Enterprises (SME) strategy and implementation plan developed in collaboration with OECD.
- Investment guide and investment directory developed in collaboration with the private sector
- PPP clause and chapter developed in the investment promotion and incentive package guidelines.
- Regulation developed for Industrial Parks to more effectively translate the implementation of the Industrial Parks (IP)s policy into administrative action within the government administrative apparatus.
- Tracking system for electricity connection and complaints operationalized.
PriSEC Reforms in 50/5 Phase 2
- Launching and implementing the National Financial Inclusion Strategy (NFIS), with a public awareness program on the strategy’s implementation
- Establishing a Single Large Tax-Payers’ Office (S-LTO)
- Conducting a National Conference on the Islamic Insurance (Takaful) Industry
- Integrating the Afghanistan Revenue Directorate (ARD) and National Procurement Authority (NPA) Systems
- Conducting 4 public awareness campaigns on the use of Public Credit Registry system of DAB in Bamyan, Nangarhar, Kandahar, and Badakhshan provinces
- Finalizing the Islamic Insurance Law and Conventional Insurance
- Establishing the Afghanistan Chamber of Agriculture and Livestock Products (ACALP)
- Establishing the NES Executive Secretariat, and endorsing its implementation TOR in the first NES senior board meeting
- Completing the mapping of Export Procedures for six top export products
- Finalizing the marketing plan for exports to 10 export destinations
- Designing and developing the District Profile System for agricultural products
- Completing the Time Release Study (TRS) in Torkham, Spin Boldak, and Sherkhan Bandar Customs
- Finalizing the PIM-PPP Framework
- Establishing the DABS VIP Center for premium services
- Reducing the steps required for acquisition of media license from 45 to 5 at the Department of Publications of the Ministry of Information and Culture
- Implementing the new Corporations Law
- Conducting a bilateral dialogue event along with MoCI between Afghanistan and Uzbekistan
- Implementing the Industrial Parks Policy
- Finalizing a cost breakdown of getting a new electricity connection based on the new sales policy at DABS