The PriSEC Secretariat is housed under the Office of the Senior Advisor on Policy and Strategic Affairs (OSAPSA) of the First Vice President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in Gulkhana Palace, Sadarat Compound. The secretariat is composed of five Working Group Specialists, a Public Relations Coordinator, and technical interns. The World Bank Group (WBG) under the Business Enabling Environment Project is funding technical support to PriSEC Secretariat for 2020-2021, through a local management consulting firm, Afghanistan Center for Excellence (ACE).
The secretariat has the following tasks:
- Preparing for, organizing, and providing technical and administrative support to all Working Groups (WG).
- Conducting research and providing technical support to the WGs on reforms: identification, analysis, adoption, implementation, and monitoring.
- Identifying, analyzing, and sharing with WG members, the reforms/key-actions, for private sector development by consulting with the Private Sector chambers, government entities, and development partners on regular basis.
- Preparing for and convening PriSEC Executive Committee Meetings chaired by H.E. the First Vice President.
- Managing communication tools and activities to identify challenges of the Private Sector, promote PriSEC, create awareness about PriSEC reforms, and collect feedback from beneficiaries of the reforms.
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact of the adopted/implemented reforms on private sector development, and providing feedback to the Executive Committee.
- Organizing technical group meetings with relevant departments and ministries as needed and in consultation with the WG co-chairs.
- Conducting/ facilitating Public-Private Dialogues (PPDs) in Kabul and Economic Zones.
- Evaluating the results of the implemented reforms on Afghanistan’s DBI and LPI ranking.
To set an appointment with our secretariat team please contact us:
Phone: (+93) 020 210 6117