The second meeting of the Agribusiness and Export Development working group of PriSEC Committee was held on Sunday, December 6, 2020, at the Deputy Ministry of Agriculture, and Livestock.
The purpose of this meeting was to discuss and approve the implementation plan of priority reforms for the development of exports and agricultural enterprises.
Short-term reforms include;
- Finalize and endorse: the new export procedure, procedure for temporary exports of gold, and procedure for precious stones and marble
- Implement 6% Subsidy for Carpet Procedure according to HEC decision
- Simplify the process of airway export, including security check of export items and increase working hours at Kabul Airport
- Privatize organizing Agro-Fair by the private sector in Badam Bagh
Meduim-term reforms include;
- Initiate the implementation process of the national single window for improving Doing Business Trading Across Border (Electronic Export Process)
- Equip the quarantine labs for Animal & Plant in portal provinces
- Initiate the establishment of modern cold storage in portal provinces
- Standardize horticulture and processing centers for agricultural products
It is expected that with the implementation of the above reforms, the agricultural value chain will be strengthened and with the standardization of the process and access to global markets, we will see an increase in exports.
As a result of this meeting, it was decided that the responsible departments will analyze their respective reforms by the end of the week and report on the process of implementing the reforms in the next meetings.
In this meeting, the respected representatives of the First Vice President, Ministry of Industry and Commerce, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, Ministry of Economy, Afghanistan Women’s Chamber of Commerce and Industries, Chamber of Agriculture and Livestock, National Standards Office, Afghanistan Competitiveness Of Export-Oriented Businesses Activity (ACEBA), Ministry of Finance, Customs, ADF Agricultural Development Fund, Plant Protection and Quarantine Department, Livestock Services Department, Chamber of Commerce and Investment attended.